Personal watercraft are designed to operate in a wide range of conditions, from flat water to surf. The nature of PWC riding means you can get quite wet and when it comes to equipment, there are some items that need consideration.
- Lifejackets – whether you’re the operator or a passenger, you must always wear an appropriate lifejacket
- Safety lanyard – you must have one. It automatically cuts off the power if you fall off
- Wetsuit – they keep you warm and can help you float
- Helmet – not compulsory but work considering for additional head protection
- For equipment specific to tow-in surfing, go to Towing from a PWC.